MammoPort is the first integrated specimen containment and transport system for breast tissue biopsies. This revolutionary new system sets a new standard of quality for transferring tissue, ensuring an efficient and confident diagnosis by the Pathologist.
The MammoPort kit is designed for use with the Mammotome revolve®
tissue tray to maintain the quality of core specimens acquired and delivered to Pathology. The integrated system eliminates tissue manipulation and minimizes delays due to missing information, enabling a confident diagnosis and more efficient pathway to patient care.How MammoPort Works
The MammoPort Kit includes two Biopsy Specimen Containers, one Specimen Radiograph Adaptor, one 240mL Prefilled 10% Neutral Buffered Formalin Jar and one Biohazard Transport Bag.
The MammoPort Kit has been designed for use with the Mammotome revolve®
biopsy tissue tray and the Mammotome CoreVision Specimen Radiograph system.
Integrated Solution from Radiology to Pathology
Eliminates Handling for Greater Ease-of-Use
- Combines MammoPort and Mammotome revolve for more efficient workflow from tissue collection, through specimen radiography, and on into the receipt of biopsy specimens in Pathology
- Eliminates manual steps to reduce user error
- Minimizes delays due to missing critical information or locating calcifications
Kit Ensures Consistent Quality
- Eliminates manual manipulation and handling of the tissue
- Eliminates manual separation of calcifications vs. noncalcifications
- Improves safety of the process through maintaining positive specimen identification
The MammoPort Kit – two Biopsy Specimen Containers, one Specimen Radiograph Adaptor, one 240mL Prefilled 10% Neutral Buffered Formalin Jar and one Biohazard Transport Bag – provides the following quality assurances:
- Standardizes the tissue containment and transfer process to deliver sample to sample consistency
- Visually provides critical information: calcification location and cold ischemic time
- Preserves orientation of tissue throughout the entire transport and hand-off process to minimize time required to locate calcifications